Learn to Row Classes - Now Open
Learn to Row classes for middle school, high school, and adult athletes teach the basics of rowing; technique, teamwork, and commitment. Three programs are offered:
- last Beginning class begins 8/6
- What's next? Team Sessions run through Fall 2019
- last class begins 8/5
- NEW in 2020: Learn to Row Team - sign up in 1 week intervals and progressively build your new rowing skills
- What's next? Competitive team begins early Sept 2019
- last class begins 8/28
- ROWsolution class begins Jan 1, 2020
- What's next? Join the Novice Masters Team
RCRC Junior Team Summer Camps
For all 2018-2019 RCRC Jr Team Members
Wondering what to do this summer, now that the 2018-2019 Jr Team Season is over?
Sign up for Jr Team Summer Camps to stay in shape, get focused small boat & strength training, join the first annual Sol-de-Sac Sprints, and make sure you start the 2019-2020 season healthy, fit & motivated - plus bond with the whole RCRC Junior Team as we train as a single group.
Three camps are set up, each with a different focus.
Dates, cost, and details are listed on the program registration pages.
Please carefully read the dates & practice schedule for each camp.
Junior Rowing Team: 2019-2020 season
Registration is ONGOING for RCRC's competitive Junior Rowing Team, grades 8-12. Come be part of the 2019-2020 team!
Novice Team: new rowers & coxswains
Join the 2019-2020 RCRC Junior Team! Teens in grades 8-12 are invited to try out team practices before registering for the season (8th graders accepted based on maturity and athleticism). Email head Coach Arthur Ericsson to get started (email@example.com). New rowers are welcome through January 2020. No experience necessary!
What's New at RCRC
Spring 2021 Junior Rowing Team
Priority registration, for athletes on the Fall 2020 roster: Dec 22-Jan 2
As of 12/16, there is a waitlist for new Varsity and Novice athletes.
RCRC will invite athletes on the waitlist to join if space opens after Jan 2. We encourage any athlete whom we cannot include on the team this spring to sign up for a Summer Learn to Row class (registration opens in February 2021)
In Spring 2021, the RCRC Junior Rowing Team will train in single person boats, which naturally distance athletes while building team cohesion. Teens are at their best when they have extracurricular activities that inspire them, physical fitness for healthy living, and a team of friends that strive together towards common goals. While we cannot race these months, we can enjoy and gain the same mental and physical benefits that training with a team provides. And build the foundation for future fast racing! Come be part of the RCRC Junior Team this spring.
Novice Team: no experience necessary!
1. New Registration Options for 2020-2021
1. Option to drop RCRC Membership prior to Jan 1, with second dues payment canceled. Recognizing that this is an unpredictable year for many members, RCRC will cancel the second dues installment for members who:
Sign up for the 2 payment plan when registering online,
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by DEC 29, 2020, notifying the club of their intent to cancel membership this year
2. Option to sign up for Team Coaching on a quarterly basis. As teams will be running differently this year until we are back in team boats and it may be difficult for some members to adjust their schedules, RCRC will cancel a quarterly coaching fee payment for a member who chooses to NOT participate in any team practices/trainings for that quarter. To register for coaching on a quarterly basis:
Sign up for the quarterly payment plan when registering online,
Email email@example.com prior to the start of quarter which you will NOT be participating in
To rejoin team practices, email RCRC and quarterly coaching fees will be charged from the month you rejoin.